At Leavengood, Dauval & Boyle, P.A., we are committed to helping our clients successfully deal with debt, whether by dispute, settlement, or bankruptcy. To that end, we have a Consumer Law department committed to defending our clients against aggressive, abusive, and harassing debt collectors. If you are being harassed, you may be entitled to receive up to $1,000, and the debt collector or creditor must pay our attorney’s fees and costs associated with the lawsuit.
The following are the most common forms of unlawful collection practices that creditors and debt collectors engage in:
- Communicating with family members or neighbors about a debt;
- Giving the false impression that they are attorneys or government agencies;
- Communicating with consumers at work after being asked not to;
- Calling non-stop and hanging up when calls are answered;
- Auto-dialed calls to consumer’s cell phones;
- Leaving pre-recorded voicemails on a consumer’s cell phones;
- Falsely threatening legal action, wage garnishment, or foreclosure; and
- Communicating with a consumer represented by an attorney with regard to their debts.
If you believe you are being harassed, and especially if you are being subjected to the harassing tactics listed above, please contact us. We would love the opportunity to assist you in asserting your rights and getting the harassment and abuse to stop.