Should I File for Bankruptcy?
Talk to a St. Petersburg Bankruptcy Lawyer Today!
Making the decision of whether to file for bankruptcy can be difficult.
This is a decision that will impact you right now and for many years into
the future, and there are numerous advantages and disadvantages that you
should consider. At LeavenLaw, our goal is to assist our clients in making
the decisions that are right for their unique financial situations. Our
St. Petersburg bankruptcy attorneys know that no two clients are the same, and that you have your own issues
and concerns that should be taken into consideration.
That is why, when you work with a bankruptcy lawyer at our law offices,
we will take care to help you make the most advantageous decision for
your particular case. Our firm has offices in
Clearwater, St. Petersburg and
Sarasota and helps debtors throughout Florida.
Bad Reasons to File for Bankruptcy
Even when your finances seem to be in total shambles, there still might
be alternatives available to you. Additionally, bankruptcy may not provide
relief from all the types of debt that you have. It's important to
discuss your situation with a lawyer before making the decision to file
or not file.
These are examples of situations in which filing for bankruptcy might not
be your best option:
- You are unable to make payments on small amounts of unsecured debt.
- You simply want collection agents or creditors to stop contacting you.
- Your debts stem from student loans, child support, income taxes or court
- You don't have an income other than welfare, Social Security, or unemployment.
- You don't have any assets.
Reasons to Consider Filing for Bankruptcy
Although bankruptcy is a big decision, it can significantly improve your
financial status. With an experienced attorney, you can determine whether
you qualify to file for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy and make a
plan to get back on your feet.
These are examples of situations in which filing for bankruptcy might be
your best option:
- You are putting daily necessities, such as groceries or gas, onto credit cards.
- You are regularly making payments on one credit card with another credit card.
- Your interest rates have shot up because of missed payments.
- You are working multiple jobs but unable to make a dent in your debt.
- Your lender has a court order to garnish your wages.
- You are pulling money from retirement accounts to make debt payments.
- You have tried alternative methods of reducing debt, but to no avail.
Explore Your Options with LeavenLaw!
Learn more about what our law firm can do to help you in a financial emergency.
We always evaluate each of our client's individual circumstances to
help them come up with a plan that fits their needs and helps them move
forward confidently in their decisions! Since 1972, our firm has helped
clients throughout Florida pursue financial security.
To find out how filing for bankruptcy may affect you,
contact a St. Petersburg bankruptcy lawyer at our offices today.